UHL seeks to urgently engage suitably qualified Malawians to fill the vacant position of Management Trainee (Maintenance) tenable in Lilongwe.
General Description of the Job
The successful candidate will understudy the incumbent Maintenance Manager in managing and controlling aspects of Engineering and Maintenance Operations to the required standards and in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act. The Successful candidate will be put on an 18 Months Supervised Management training programme before being offered a substantive position upon assessment at the end of the period.
- Mature, articulate and responsible individual who can work with minimum supervision.
- Must possess excellent communication and inter- personal skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter, dynamic and a fast learner
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
Qualifications Experience and Attributes
- Electrical / Mechanical Technical trade test certification from a reputable institution
- Engineering qualification/Artisian qualification.
- 5 Years of skilled maintenance experience which must have included years of supervisory experience.
- Proficient in full Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to manage a Health and Safety program.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as a team player;
- Must be able to communicate at all levels;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Planning and Administration
- Should able to work at odd hours.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may forward applications by to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 23rd February 2024
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A concise letter, outlining how the applicant meets the requirements for this position and providing a written consent to be subjected to whatever recruitment probity checks necessary;
- Detailed curriculum vitae with contact details of three traceable referees of good standing.
- Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications;
- A certified copy of a valid identification document (ID) such as a national ID or passport.
Please note that applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
The Chief Executive Officer
Umodzi Holdings Limited
P O Box 31489
Lilongwe 3. Malawi